With the continuous development of technology, machine vision technology has been widely used in a variety of fields, including manufacturing, medical and so on. In machine vision projects, dimensional measurement is an important task.
Machine vision dimensional measurement is achieved by computer vision and image processing technology. The basic principle is to place the object to be measured in the field of view of the camera, obtain the image of the object to be measured through the image acquisition system, and then process and analyse the image using image processing technology to obtain the dimensional information of the object.
Using machine vision project for size inspection has the following advantages:
1. Non-contact measurement: avoiding the problems of object surface damage and measurement accuracy limited by measurement tools that may occur in traditional contact measurement.
2. High accuracy and reliability: By adjusting the image processing algorithm and parameter settings, more accurate and reliable measurement results can be obtained.
3. High efficiency and real-time: a large amount of image data can be processed quickly to achieve efficient, real-time inspection. This is of great significance for rapid detection and quality control on production lines.
4. Versatility and Flexibility: It is suitable for different types and materials of objects to be measured, and can meet various application requirements by adjusting parameters and configurations. In addition, the machine vision system can be flexibly configured with a variety of lenses, cameras, light sources and image processing software to meet the measurement needs of different scenes.
5. Automation and Intelligence: Automation and intelligent data processing and analysis can be achieved, reducing manual intervention and operating costs. Meanwhile, the measurement results can be further processed and analysed by intelligent algorithms to improve efficiency and accuracy.
You may also be interested in the following information